Virtual PLC MasterClasses
Virtual Professional Learning Community (PLC) MasterClasses with Dr. Howie Knoff
Dr. Howie brings his 40 years of experience in districts and schools across the world to his specialized, virtual PLC MasterClass Groups, where he shares his experiences and expertise (sometimes with other experts in the field) so that participants can go to THE NEXT LEVEL of excellence in hours and not days, days and not months, and months and not years.
There are two types of PLC MasterClasses available:
- Cross-Country MasterClasses. MasterClasses that involve practitioners from across the US, Canada, and the world that are focused on a specific theme, that survey and address participants' specific needs, and that involve both MasterClass information and guided discussions.
- Single-District, School, or Department MasterClasses. MasterClasses that involve selected staff from a specific district, agency, department/unit, or school(s) and are dedicated to addressing specific "in-house" needs, goals, and outcomes in a specific content area--once again, involving MasterClass information, guided discussions, and action planning.
Primary characteristics for all PLC MasterClass groups:
- MasterClasses are scheduled on an as-needed or on-demand basis--virtually, any time a class has commitments from enough participants.
- Team or multi-member sign-up discounts are available.
- Cross-Country MasterClass PLCs typically involves six weekly 90 minute sessions scheduled at an optimal time for PLC members. All presentations/meetings are recorded and posted on a private Facebook Page dedicated to the PLC and available to those who miss a session.
- Single-District, school, or department MasterClass PLCs involve a minimum of six weekly 90 minute sessions. More sessions, as determined, are available to address the specific needs and to accomplish the goals of the group.
PLC MasterClass Topics Available
- Improving Student Outcomes through School Improvement, Strategic Planning, and Systemic Change
- Improving Special Education Outcomes for Students with Disabilities: Results Driven Accountability
- School Discipline, Classroom Management, and Student Self-Management (Integrating Social-Emotional Learning and Positive Behavioral Support Systems, while Addressing Inequity and Disproportionality)
- Expanding Related Service Professionals' Roles to Improve Services to Students
- Designing and Implementing Effective Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- To design your own personalized Single-District PLC: Contact Dr. Howie