Most Requested Consulting Services
When providing Consultation and Technical Assistance, Howie most-often shares his expertise in the following areas:
- District/School Success, Continuous Improvement, and Turn-Around (ESEA/ESSA)
- Strategic Planning, Organizational Development, and Shared Leadership (Committees/PLCs)
- School Discipline, Classroom Management, and Student Self-Management (PBIS/SEL/PBSS)
- Social, Emotional, and Behavioral (Social Skills) Instruction, and Strategic/Intensive Interventions for Challenging Students
- Curricular Alignment, Differentiated Instruction, and Academic Interventions for Struggling Students
- Special Education (IDEA) Planning and Implementation: Multi-Tiered (RtI) Services and Supports for Academically Struggling and Behaviorally Challenging Students
School Improvement and the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
Consulting services for ESEA improvement/planning based on the federal Elementary and Secondary Education Act/Every Student Succeeds Act (ESEA/ESSA)--reauthorized in December 2015. Learn More.
Curricular Alignment, Differentiated Instruction, and Academic Interventions for Struggling Students
Consulting services for MTSS/Response-to-Intervention as it pertains to ESEA/ESSA Act which requires districts and schools to develop multi-tiered systems of services, supports, strategies, and interventions for students who are academically at-risk, underachieving, unresponsive, and/or unsuccessful. Learn More.
School Discipline, Classroom Management, and Student Self-Management (PBIS/SEL/PBSS)
Howie has been working in the area of school discipline since 1990, and Project ACHIEVE's Positive Behavioral Support System (PBSS) model is used by thousands of schools--in every state across the country--as their PBIS, SEL, or school-wide discipline approach. Learn More.
Special Education and Multi-Tiered Services (IDEA)
Consulting services for IDEA Planning to enhance effective and successful services to all students—but, especially, students with disabilities at mild through extreme levels of need. Learn More.